0

Emily Goldin ; "School taught me how to cry"

Posted by S.Galloway on 10:28 AM
I have no sympathy for Emily Goldin, but I do have empathy. The whole time I was reading the artical about Emily it wasn't shocking at all how people could be so cruel. When I was younger I wanted friends so bad, eventually I got them. Unfortunatly, they were not the best group of friends. Long story short school taught Emily how to cry, for me it was a whole different story.

One day a light bulb went off in my head, and I knew exactly what I needed to do. I needed to change. In the beginning I was a push over,made everyone walk all over me. I'd go to school and almost everyday have someone pick on me in some sort of way. Down the road to be honest I didnt change for the better I changed for the worse. I basically became the "BULLY". Some say that if your bullyed you'll either become depressed or take on the form of your bully, thats what I basically did. Now, when I say I basically became the bully I just mean i took on a couple traits of a bully. I had attitude, especially to other students. My personality was very bipolar, I was a good kid one second and a wild child the next. I didnt do drugs though,didnt pick fights and prefered to stay out of drama. I was still a good kid, even though it doesnt seem like it. I know what your thinking, how does that makes sense? Dont worry it makes sense... in my head.

Back to Emily. She did a lot of crying. I did too. I was bullied by girls, and girls can be so MEAN! So when ever I had the chance I would cry. My friends were going through the same things I was but they handdled it differently than me. Emily ran, I was too stubborn. I was getting sick of having to deal with people picking on me and trying to make my life a living hell. There was a couple of times I wanted to leave school, start fresh, but I had to suck it up. On my own I learned how to defend myself,not by kicking peoples you know what but standing up for myself. I started speaking my voice when I thought something was wrong. I learned so many things, too many to list.

To be honest, if those girls didnt bully me I would probubly not be the person I am today. If I could go back and change all those bad times, I wouldnt. I know I sound crazy, oh well. Not everyone is as lucky as me to break the cycle. Bullying sucks and those people bullied Emily because they we're probably bullied or had surpressed anger they needed to let off on someone weaker. I havent forgotten anything, and sometimes the memories come back, thats what sucks. That I have to live with that the rest of my life. When I have children I am going to try my hardest to make sure they are not bullied and they dont become bullies. I want to teach them good values.

Bullying is wrong.

0 Comments

Post a Comment

The Protagonist

My photo
Rubric for Blog Posts Your work will be evaluated using the following criteria: Initial Blog Post How well does the blog post address the prompt? Is the point of the blog clear? How well does the blog provide necessary context? How well does the blog support its thoughts with references to the core text? How well does the blog provide a space for response? Response Blog Post How well does the response address to the issues raised in the earlier blog? Is the point of the response clear? How well does the response provide necessary content? How well does the response support its thoughts with references to the text and the initial post? How well does the response incorporate ideas or thoughts from the other person's blog?

Copyright © 2009 S.Galloway All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.